We would like to give you some information about the frequently asked questions about our university due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The following frequently asked questions (FAQs) include the most up-to-date information and advice based on national (TRNC Cabinet of Ministers) guidance and our planning.
Since the current situation changes frequently, we will continue to provide you with up-to-date information and announcements as quickly as we can. For this reason, you can find the most up-to-date information on this website as 'Advice and Guidance'.
Students, who need support, can contact our “Student Development and Counseling Center” team on 0548 858 95 68 or 0548 858 95 74 or 0548 858 95 89.
1. I applied for Online Education but how will I know if it is approved or not?
Your application for "Online Education" will be automatically approved after your online course registration is completed.
2. Can I start my education online first and then continue with face-to-face education?
Yes you can.
3. How will our practical lessons be done?
The practical lessons of our students who attend the classes with face-to-face education will be done face to face, and it will be done online on the online platform for those students who prefer online education.
4. When are summer school diplomas prepared?
Onwards 15 October 2020, you can get diplomas from the Directorate of Registrar's Office or you can have it sent to you by applying for shipping.
5. Will attendance be taken? If so, how and according to what will it be done?
Attendance information is going to be recorded by the Moodle platform, one of the digital platforms of our university. Our students need to follow the lessons synchronously or asynchronously for their education.
6. How will exams, presentations, graduate degree qualification exams, and thesis defenses be?
2020-2021 Academic Year Fall Semester midterm and final exams will be held online. Graduate students who continue their education online will be able to make presentations, take postgraduate qualification exams, and do their thesis defenses online in accordance with the approval of the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research.
7. How can we get our high honor certificates? When will the 2019-2020 Academic Year Spring Semester documents be ready?
As of December 1, 2020, you can obtain it from a Faculty secretary or by giving a power of attorney to your friend or acquaintance if you are not within the borders of Northern Cyprus.
1. Your health is top priority for the Cyprus International University. As announced previously, we provide you with the opportunity to perform your education during the 2020 - 2021 Academic year, Fail Semester, through the means of "digitally supported (online) education" and/or as "socially distanced" and "blended learning".
2. Our university has already completed all the preparations and set up the infrastructure in accordance with your preference of educational method.
3. Course registration will be performed ‘online’ between the dates 9 September – 2 October, 2020. If our students wish, they may also complete their course registration face-to-face with their supervisor, between the dates 29 September – 2 October, 2020.
4. Students who wish to continue their 2020 – 2021 Academic Year, Fall Semester education via the digitally supported education ‘online’ platform, may indicate their preference by providing information accordingly via the CIU-SIS request module.
5. In accordance with the country categories determined by the TRNC Ministry of health, it is imperative that the PCR testing and quarantine processes should be followed. For more information: https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/
Note: The current regulations made by the Council of Ministers and observed in connection with the pandemic process, may change in the future in line with the new decisions taken.
You may follow the daily cases of TRNC covid-19 in numbers at the official website of TRNC Minister of Health at https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/ or facebook page on https://www.facebook.com/kktcsaglikbakanligi.
We recommend our students not to go out unless necessarry. It is obligatory for those who go out for their basic needs, should wear a mask at public places. Legal action will be taken by the police against those who do not comply with this decision.
According to the decisions has made on 11th of September 2020, the list of countries and travel measures based on covid-19 has updated, please visit the websites of TRNC Ministry of Health at https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/.
TRNC Prime Ministry Center for Covid-19 Call Center:1102
Ministry of Education and Culture WhatsApp Support Line:0539 104 7777
Higher Education WhatsApp Support Line:0539 103 2333
Psychological Counseling and Guidance Research Unit Support Line:0539 103 1333