Accommodation Frequently Asked Questions

Who can stay in the dormitories?

Students of the Cyprus International University can stay.

I want to stay in the dormitory, how can I apply?

Your preferred choice of accommodation can be selected while making your application through the application portal. Kindly note that the accommodation can only be fully reserved after the initial deposit has been made. Residence Halls Directorate is located on the ground floor of Soli on campus, for the students who would like to make their own room reservations.

What documents are required for a residence application?

Students who do not come through a representative can go directly to the Residence Halls Directorate and learn the price of the dorm room which is available to them by the accounting or International Office, and after paying the related fee, they can complete the registration process by returning to the Residence Halls Directorate.

Is there a priority for dormitory placement?

Newly registered students have priority in dormitory placement.

Can I choose my roommate when applying for a residence?

If you specify the name of the friend you wish to stay with, the request will be met if possible (based on room availability) by the Residence Halls Directorate.

Is there a curfew (entry-exit times) in the dormitories?

Students staying in dormitories must enter their dorm from Monday through to Thursday, and Sunday by 00:00 (midnight) and Friday and Saturday by 2:00 am, at the latest. The turnstile that is used for entering and exiting is dependent on a system and will not work outside of the entry and exit hours specified. The receptionist will assist you at these hours to enter the dormitory.

What should I bring with me when I come to the dorm room?

Students are required to bring personal belongings, cleaning products, electronic items, and bed linen (pillow, duvet, bedsheet, and pillow cover) in addition to education and stationery supplies. Bed linens can be found at the MoltoSupermarket located on the campus at an affordable price. In Northern Cyprus, electrical plug sockets are in the triple plug form, students are advised to bring self-fused adapters for devices that need to be used in the rooms (available at MoltoSupermarket).

Is there any place I can shop on campus?

Students can meet their needs at the MoltoSupermarket located on the university campus, which is open between 08:30 am and 09:00 pm.

Is there access to the city center?

The CIU services provide a free weekday and weekend shuttle service. Click for the shuttle service hours.

How can I obtain a proof of my stay at the dorm?

Students staying in dormitories can obtain a document from the Residence Halls Directorate located on the ground floor of the Soli dormitory.

Can a guest stay in my room with me?

It is not suitable for any guests to stay in the dormitory rooms, outside of the entry and exit times specified. However, in the event of extraordinarily bad weather conditions, etc. CIU students (provided they are of the same gender) can stay overnight in the guesthouse of the Soli dormitory for a certain fee.

Can my mother, father, brother or friend stay in my room?

In order for our students to adapt to campus life more comfortably, first-degree relatives, such as parents and siblings, are provided with accommodation in other rooms as decided by the Residence Halls Directorate, for a certain fee. However, in times of illness and emergencies, and with the approval of the other students residing in the room and the permission of the Residence Halls Directorate they can be hosted daily in the student's room.

In the event of health problem, is there a place to go in the campus?

Students can call the dormitory reception and ask the staff to call for help immediately. Additionally, the Cyprus International University Health Center provides all kinds of health and first aid interventions, as well as outpatient services provided by doctors and nurses. In cases where students and staff have a physical disability and are unable to go to the health center, health personnel will go to their location and assist them.

Working Hours
Monday- Friday 08:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00

Tel: +90 392 671 1111   Extention: 2905

What should be done when I lose my room entry/exit card/key?

Students who lose their room key or room entry card should go to the reception of the dormitory and inform them. Since the student card is also used in the student dining hall, it will be necessary to apply to the Registrar's Office Directorate immediately for a new card. A spare of room key can be obtained from the Residence Halls Directorate.

Can posters and pictures be hung in dorm rooms?

Posters and pictures can be hung on the walls with the approval of the Residence Halls Directorate, provided that special adhesives that do not damage the wall paint and plaster of the dormitory rooms are used.

What are the consequences of non-compliance to the student housing rules?

Student housing rules have been written in order for the peaceful and comfortable cohabitation of the students who live together in both dormitories and dormitory common areas. Students who do not comply with the current rules are directed firstly by the relevant dormitory building supervisor, then by the Residence Halls Directorate, with the necessary warnings.

What should be done in the event of an electronic or technical problem in the dormitories?

The malfunctions related to the rooms can be reported to the related units by calling or visiting the relevant dormitory reception.

What kind of action should be taken when exiting the dormitory when the period of education has come to an end?

It is necessary to sign the national exit form, which can be located with the relevant building supervisors.

Can the dormitory room be equipped with appliances such as a kettle, electric heater, or microwave?

In the studio-type dorms, appliances such as cookers, stoves, heaters, gas, etc., are forbidden, in order to prevent fires and other hazards (an electric kettle to heat water can be used with the permission of the Residence Halls Directorate). It is also strictly forbidden to use any type of flammable device. Any forbidden devices located in the room shall be removed and stored for the student, until the end of the academic year. It is possible to use the above-mentioned devices in Vuni, Kantara, and Hilarion dormitories, which have common kitchen use among the studio dormitories.

Can I feed a domestic animal in the dorm room?

The keeping of animals in the dormitory is forbidden, due to both hygienic conditions and diseases that can be transmitted from animals. In the event of detection, the animal will be removed from the environment and the cost of the removal and the disinfection of the environment will be payable by the room resident and/or student.

Do you need to leave the dorm room during the semester break?

The student does not need to leave the dorm room during the semester break.

Is there a warehouse where items are kept during the semester holidays?

There is no need for storage as students do not have to leave their current rooms during the semester break. However, upon request, it can be taken with a delivery certificate.


Residence Halls Directorate
Soli Dormitory, Ground Floor

Phone: +90 392 671 1111 Extension: 3333
Director: Samim COŞAR